Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Gift of Life: A Two-Fold Miracle in God’s Beautiful Timing (Day 15)





This is the 15th post for our Write 31 Days series 31 Days of Miracles:Who is Our God. Today, Lynne Cole shares Part One of  her story. See her bio below.




We sat on the edge of the bed, and me and my husband just looked at each other. We wanted to start a family, but with the way our lifestyle was, we would struggle to make things work.

We lived a distance away from where we worked which meant that we were commuting for around 4 hours a day, and sometimes not coming home until the early hours in the morning. This was no way to bring up a child, so we decided to move. This took place at Christmas time in December 2004. Yeah, it was probably not the best time of the year to move, but we got through it. Soon after, once we had settled, we then started trying for a baby.

We thought that it would be easy. I had age on my side and we were both healthy and fit. We didn't expect a first time "hit" or anything, but we didn't expect to have disappointment either. We certainly didn't expect to have to wait nearly 5 years before I could conceive! The countless times that we were waiting for that positive line to appear. The first year went by, and we were still quite positive that God would help to give us a child. The second year went by and we then started to think that maybe something was wrong. By the time the third year came, we really started to question.

Are we meant to have children?

Did we not deserve to have them?

Could God see that we could make good parents?

Did He think that we wouldn't live up to the standard?

We then decided to do something about it and we went to our doctor. This freaked me out. I knew that we would need to go through the process of being referred to a fertility clinic to see why I couldn't conceive. This meant that my body would need to go under some investigations and examinations. This is what freaked me out.

I felt God saying at this point that I had to deal with some deep routed issues that I had. Issues surrounding my past and how I needed to love the child inside me. How could I bring a child into this world when I couldn't love the little child inside of me? How could I give birth to a child, surrounded by people I didn't know, when I can't even undergo a physical examination?
In 2006, I made the brave decision to face my fears head on and I decided that I would need counselling for us to be able to go any further with trying for a child. Little did I know that it was going to be another two years before I was to conceive, but this was how long it took for me to love that little child inside of me. The little child that went through sexual abuse so horrific. I had to learn to care for her and love her as though she was a part of me. She was me.

The first miracle...
Doesn't God have an amazing way of bringing things together? It's like when a painter is creating his masterpiece. He starts by working at all the different layers in the picture, starting at the bottom and working up. He doesn't just concentrate on one area either. He will work on different aspects of the picture. It might not be clear at the time when he is painting what the picture may be. It's only towards the end, when you stand back, do you realise what he is painting. That's when the bigger picture becomes clear.

 This was my time in counselling. There were aspects of my life that I really could not understand, but God really had His hand on my life and He was painting a beautiful picture. As my counselling was drawing to a close, I fell pregnant! I remember clearly, thinking that God does do amazing things, and in His time. He had answered the countless prayers that we had prayed. This was a two-fold miracle though. Firstly, overcoming the abuse that I had endured as a child and becoming a survivor. And secondly, becoming pregnant.

The second miracle . . .

Join us tomorrow to hear Lyann share two more stunning miracles God has performed in her life.

Continue with Part Two of Lynne's story here.


Lynne Cole is a full-time working, married mother to 3 gorgeous children…two girls (aged 7 and 6) and a little man (aged 4).  She blogs in the free time that she has, and her hope is that she is able to give people a little encouragement through what she writes.  She writes from the heart, honestly, about anything… things that have happened in the past, what she is going through right now and what she hopes for the future.
Come visit her at Blog: http://beautifullybroke.org
Facebook page: (she calls it ‘Lynne Cole – As Real As It Gets’) https://www.facebook.com/Lynne-Cole-As-Real-As-It-Gets-518922804933978/
Instagram: lynne.cole
Twitter: @LynneYWDB

No comments:

Post a Comment