Friday, October 14, 2016

A Promise Kept: He Showed Up (Day 14 of Miracles)






This is the fourteenth post for our Write 31 Days series 31 Days of Miracles: Who is Our God. Today Karrilee Aggett shares her story. (See her bio below.)


Today is Do you believe in Miracles?

As in... real life, unexplainable, undeniable, there is no other way this happened 'but God!' miracles?

You don't need to hang out in this corner of the interwebs for long to know that I do! Wholeheartedly, I do!


When I was asked to write a guest post for a 31 Days series on Miracles, my only hesitation was which one would I write about? I believe we are called to live a naturally supernatural life. I believe God is ever for us, ever with us, and ever in us --waiting to leak out!

Because I am constantly expecting and looking for Him to show up and show off, --well, I believe because I have trained my eyes and ears and heart to seek... His promise is that I will find!

I have experienced first hand many miraculous things... answers to prayers, healings, provision, unexplainable encounters, etc. After a bit of prayer... this is the one that God highlighted for me to revisit here.

***

It was about twenty years ago that I got an urgent telephone call.

Ever since joining the church prayer team, I was used to late night calls with requests to pray.  We were asked to link together and pray for and with each other. Most often, the call would come from someone else on the team, we would pray, and I would pass it on... a chain of sorts, if you will.

This night, however, the call was coming from the hospital.

It was a friend who attended our small group and she was pregnant with her first child. Immediately my mind wandered and my heart raced, thinking, "She's not due yet!"

I answered the phone to find that she was a little frantic on the other end. I could hear all kinds of background busyness and feel the tension across the wire, her voice a bit shaky as she said, "We need you to pray!"



She had gone into labor and her baby boy was born too early. His little lungs were not yet formed and the rush of medical staff swooping in and taking charge made her new Mama heart beat with fear.  They were very concerned and took him away to run tests.

She said, "His lungs are not strong enough.  We need his lungs to be better."

She asked me to pray and to pass on the urgent need to not only our church but also to any other prayer lines that I knew of! So we prayed and I could feel a little peace saturate the anxious atmosphere. I promised her I would continue on in prayer, spreading the word and getting the Body to intercede.

I called the next name on the list and then decided to call other prayer lines as well.

I will never forget the conversation with a stranger on the other end of the line.

I called an international ministry prayer line and told the man of the prayer request and urgency of what was needed, ready to enter in to prayer with him right then and there. But he interrupted my posture to pray by asking me a clarifying question that would change the way I pray for others from that moment on.

He said, "I understand the need, but what I really want to know is where is your faith? What can you whole-heartedly believe for?"




"When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I’ll be there.” Matthew 18:20 The Message

He went on, "I can pray for wisdom for the doctors and that this baby would live and grow stronger and stronger as his lungs continue to develop, or I can pray for God to supernaturally give him new lungs. I have faith for either one... so where your faith rests is where we need to meet! The power of praying in agreement makes a world of difference!"

Being the crazy faith girl that I am, I said, "Oh let's pray for brand new lungs!"

And so we did.







We prayed powerfully, in unity, believing God for a miracle! Declaring and decreeing new life, new lungs, Gods breath... we said Amen and we meant it.

Maybe an hour later, the new Mama called me back in tears.

Happy tears!

She said that they ran tests and were waiting for the results but they took her newborn back for more X-rays and the nurses returned him, confused.

They showed her the first image captured of his lungs, clearly under developed and unhealthy... compared to the second set of X-rays showing two completely developed, fully functional, healthy lungs!

They said it looked like X-rays from two different babies!

Come on!

The power of agreement is so important!
It's so vital... so amazing and powerful that I've never forgotten to find the common ground in faith when praying with others for a need.

We could have prayed for wisdom for the doctors and staff and God could have still miraculously formed those lungs... but finding that point of agreement in what we are believing for made an impact on how I pray.

Do we always line up our faith? No. Of course not.
Sometimes we pray for crazy faith things and others are impacted to stretch and grow and rise up in prayer with us.

But other times we find the point of agreement and we watch and pray.  We stand in faith and we taste and see that the Lord is good!  He often starts at the point of agreement, and then purposes to bless us even more than we could ask or think!

So here's to new lungs, new levels of agreement, and new tools to take with us in prayer to unite our faith and join hands and hearts, and watch and see how God shows up and shows off!





Karrilee is a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. She is a writer, reader, pray-er, photographer, artist, beach lover, laugh seeker...serving God to the best of her ability. She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband where they are new empty nesters to their only girlie. They are also co-leaders of Dad's House, a new church plant in their hometown. She is passionate about diving in deeper with the Lord and inviting others to discover His love for them. Her life message is...Speak Life. Be Love. Shine On. Karrilee loves to share her heart and what the Lord is speaking to her over at Abiding Love, Abounding Grace.

You can connect with Karrilee on her blog, Abiding Love, Abounding Grace.  She is also all over Bossy Social Media (and clearly has a love/addicted relationship with it!) You can find her on Facebook, on Twitter, and on Instagram as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment